<VV> sick of my Corvair

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Wed Jul 13 10:22:51 EDT 2005

I'm feeling a little better now.  I talked to our hero Larry Claypool and he cheared me up a little.  He said that since I have a 110 and not a 140 that I MAY have only broken a rocker or a spring. I'll pull the valve cover tonight and have a look.  He also said he has some nice used 110 heads for not too much money so worse comes to worse I may just do that.  He said I'd hear it if the seat had broken up and not just come loose and I'm not hearing any nasty sounds so I think I'm reasonably OK.  My fellow club members who gave up some of their quality IHOP time to come listen to my engine (thanks guys) pulled the plug wire on the bad cylinder and things smoothed out quite a bit and got a lot quieter.  I didn't drive it that way though, I had it towed home.  I drove it from the street to it's parking spot and the engine ran rough (on 5 cylinders) but otherwise felt fine.

The GOOD thing about these old clinkers is all the other people mental enough to own one and their willingness to help others with them same affliction.  I'd hate to go through this stuff with a truly "orphaned" car.

mike