<VV> sick of my Corvair

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Wed Jul 13 15:33:51 EDT 2005

Well actually Matt, it was a venting of steam - not a cry for help.  My cry for help was last night at IHOP with my club friends.   They helped me and eased my emotional pain.  This morning I was MAD at my car for being such a POS.  I've worked on it quite a bit since I got it and I'd like to drive it for while thank you very much and the lazy old thing keeps having problems so it can sit covered up doing nothing.  That won't do.  Off your ass Corvair, let's get going!!

I like fixing things too Matt but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.  I like working on the Corvair but I prefer to drive it.  The balance is too far in the wrong direction right now.

I didn't say I was sick of 'Vairs, I said I was sick of MY vair.  I don't need to be Smitty to be sick of my own car.

I've fixed this car before and I'm sure I'll fix it again but if it doesn't straighten up and fly right pretty soon there'll be the devil to pay!!  I don't feel the need to be the "master" but I can only put up with so much crap from a car with a bad attitude.  See, my car is a red convertible.    It's a prima donna.  It thinks it's too pretty (late model of course)to do any work.  When I ask it to drive me around it says "no way sailor, I'm for looking - not touching".  I should have gotten a 4-door.  They know they're ugly and run like crazy to compensate.

I like JR's suggestion of having 2 corvairs so I can drive one while the other is being mended.  The worst part of my car being down is not being able to drive it and it is driving season right now.  Having more than one Corvair is awful close to insanity though.

mike