<VV> Ignitor I Problems humor

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 14 01:24:54 EDT 2005

1.  (I start at 1 - others start at 0 for some odd reason)  Remove the
starter and put duck tape over the exposed ends of the wires that used to
connect to it.

2.  (comes after 1)  Always park at the top of a hill with the nose pointed
slightly downward.

3.  (you know)  Always keep at least SOME duck tape in the open space
between the front bucket seats.  You said Monza, right?  If you are left
handed, you might prefer a different location of your own choosing.

4.  To start AND RUN the car...  Turn the ign key to the start position.
Nothing will happen because you don't have a starter.

5.  Using a piece of duck tape (from between the seats or elsewhere), TAPE
the key into the start position - this will give you full voltage at all
times....  Well, at least until you see/smell smoke!

6.  Put the car in gear* with clutch depressed and release the
park/emergency brake.  Let the car roll forward a bit (say 5 to 15 feet -
you be the judge) and release the clutch (you might have to hurry and put it
back in if you are about to run into something).  The car SHOULD now START
AND RUN!

* Ignore all these instructions if the is an automatic transmission car.

Glad to have been of help!

Oh, think about going STOCK!  If not, check with folks who have ignitors.
Hmmmm, isn't that those little wire things for setting off (igniting) model
rockets?

Later, JR