<VV> Group Red storage procedures

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 15 00:14:29 EDT 2005

I kept thinking that I would be underway on the rebuild of my 110 any
day now as I began to buy the parts necessary to do it the month after
the disaster.

I've been thinking that for nine months now.

I've finally come to the realization that it's going to be a lot longer
before I start to put Humpty back to together again as I'll need to
squirrel away another couple of grand for the round-two rebuild; equal
parts delusion and hope.  I put Stabil in the tank back in January, but
of course I couldn't put any in the new Wolf carburetors.   I've heard
that keeping the car on the stands (actually only on the passenger side
at this point) is not a good idea.  Truths, myths, what's a group red,
garage dweller to do?

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas
Corvairium II

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza sedan 110 (now closer to 0 as the engine
is in pieces all over the garage floor)
Sierra Tan (originally, currently Copper) - Saddle, PG, A/C, original
AM/FM, clock, tint, oil bath air filter, vertical bumper guards, w/ 77K
(and indefinitely holding)
(Back in group red : (