<VV> One more post today..(misc vair questions)

SPYDER62 at aol.com SPYDER62 at aol.com
Fri Jul 15 00:39:44 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/14/2005 9:04:59 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
daretocorvair at yahoo.com writes:

Hey, so  I've got a couple of random questions.

1. How hard should I have to put  to release the
clutch?  and also, how far should it come out?   I
strong-armed that thing, and it moved, but not much.

 Is it in or out of the car. If out it does take some muscle

2. How hard is it to remove a Corsa Instrument Panel?
mine  needs some TLC, and I'm going to need to take it
off.  there's a LOT  of wiring harnesses and stuff back
there.  A lot more than I would  have expected to see.
 First remove the wiper and  light switch , there's a button on  the top of
the light switch behind the dash ( small hands help) then  drop  the steering
column ( just unbolt at bottom of dash should do it).
 Next take out all the screws from dash and it will drop forward,  remove the
speed-o cable and manifold pressure line, and undo the wiring plug,  then
just lift out.

3. Where does the positive battery cable connect(once
I get  that far)  I looked on my dads 64, and I would
have thought somewhere  on the harness, but that's not
right...and his cable goes under his car to  the
front...but, what does it go to?  the ignition  switch

  Goes to starter.

rich