<VV> Identifying High Volume Heater Motor

Rick Loving ral1963 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 15 10:19:45 EDT 2005

I am talking about the regular heater blower for the vair.  In order to
upgrade to a stronger blower you use a full sized GM AC equipped car
blower motor.  They did not have a separate blower for their AC they
just needed a stronger one.

Rick Loving

<SNIP>
Subject: <VV> Identifying High Volume Heater Motor

I do not know the answer to this question, but since A/C was mentioned
in one of the replies (We use A/C down here in Florida, not heat very
much) I thought I would inject the following.  On LM's (don't know much
about EM's) the fan motor for the heater and the A/C blower motor look
identical at first glance, and I had been told they were the same.  Not
so. The fins on the blower cage are opposite, because the motor turns in
the opposite direction.  They are the same size otherwise.  Does not
work worth a hoot running backwards.

Cecil Mills
Cocoa, Fl.
(All late models (2) with A/C and heat)