<VV> Re: lack of vairs/mechanics

Tareece at aol.com Tareece at aol.com
Fri Jul 15 16:31:51 EDT 2005

This topic of the lack of vair mechanics further illustrates the hardship
that we have in finding AND keeping new members..Several become disenchanted by
biting off more than they realise by buying a "tinkerers toy" that the OWNER
MUST be able to do simple to moderately difficult and complex repairs or
maintenance. I am not yelping for help for myself, but it might do ours clubs well to
MAKE sure all members have any help they need...
  I know of several clubs that have mobile service thingys and have meetings
at whoever's house that needs help. They make these into tech sessions and the
guy who needs help provides refreshments at the minimum, and elbow grease is
expected, if able...

In a message dated 7/15/2005 11:41:01 AM Eastern Standard Time,