<VV> sanding/priming the grills on late cvt

Eric Marschner emarschn at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 15:35:10 EDT 2005

I am wondering if any of you have some tips/tricks to sanding and
preparing the engine grills (upper AND lower) for painting on my '67
Monza cvt.  After a few repaints, these grills are peeling and
cracking and nasty.  I am finding it very hard to sand off the bad
paint in various nooks and crannies on these grills.

Also, what is the recommended treatment for the area under the upper
engine grill?  Should that area be painted black, or the body color?
What have others done?

Thanks,
Eric
http://www.corvairproject.com