<VV> aftermarket rear defrost?

Charles Morgan charliemorgan at comcast.net
Sat Jul 16 16:48:00 EDT 2005

If you have a coupe or sedan and you've built a rear shelf (like many
people do for speakers), it's easy to add a couple defroster ducts (I
used ShopVac nozzles--very cheap and works well).  To get air to the
ducts, I mounted a 1-1/4" hose fitting to the "blower assembly" (see
Fig 2, page 15-3 of the '65 manual).  Hose runs from the new fitting
to a tee, and from the tee to the ducts.   No need to worry about
controls, since air goes to the ducts whenever the heater blower
motor is on.  Since this uses a small amount of air that would have
gone to the front, this works best with a high volume blower motor.

Charlie Morgan
Beaver State Corvairs