<VV> shift tube bushings

tom zimmermann s10birdman1966 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 17 05:21:38 EDT 2005

Two ways to snug up your shifter on LM's-- remove the coupling shaft,rotate the coupling CW to the solid shaft and weld the cross-pin there;this will help getting reverse;when you re-install it in the tube,put the groove down,to line up with the slot in the tube--cut a piece of 5/32" square stock (common elec motor shaft key),dress it to fit,adjust the length,and re-clamp it..I also have some SS tubing that fits around the inner tube real nice,from the sportworks bikeracks used on the front of our transit busses;they get bent,the shop trashes 'em,so if someone wants to slip a 1" long ring in the rear opening of the shift tube,email me off-line -will have pix to send very soon...Tom Z