<VV> Gas fill problem

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Sun Jul 17 13:06:31 EDT 2005

I vote for a vent problem.  This happens on my boat all the time but got a lot better after I re-routed the vent line.  It's either swolled shut, kinked somewhere or clogged up somehow - maybe a bee went in there.

mike

------------------------------
<snip>

On my way home I stopped to get gas, stuck the filler arm in upside down
and proceeded to begin to filler-up.  Within about a second, I heard the
strangest gurgle and gas blew back all over out of the filler.

Shocked I tried again only to have another blast of gas come gushing
out.  I tried several times, each time applying less and less pump
pressure, with the end result being gas backing up and glogging out with
a burp and spray.

Finally I had the pump on trickle and proceeded to fill the car up after
standing there for 10 minutes with cramped fingers.  I couldn't depress
the lever enough to set the lock so I had to hold it and let off
everytime I started to hear gas backing up the neck.

<snip>

Rick Loving