<VV> AC - Non-Corvair

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Sun Jul 17 21:07:54 EDT 2005

It wasn't without its problems, and I believe this is what killed it.
1. It required exceptionally well filtered air to prevent wear and  premature
failure of the compressor/expander components. Failure to change these
filters, or running without them meant very short life. Not a problem with
condensers and evaporators.
2. There was a VERY big problem with how to collect the condensation/ice
crystals that came out with the discharge, and that same condensation required
corrosion proof construction of the compressor/expander unit.
3. It never lived up to its performance claims. The COP of conventional
mechanical vapor compression refrigeration was higher, in real life, than the
ROVAC system.

In a message dated 7/17/2005 6:48:32 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,