<VV> Rebuild II

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 18 02:32:30 EDT 2005

I need some advise here.  I'm going to order +30 jugs to replace the
ones that were scored in the rebuild meltdown.  These were the Premium
cast, Moly ring, Hastings Total Seal cylinder and piston kit.  It looks
like the pistons will be able to be reused, but I'll need to order new
cylinders and rings.  I was wondering about the merits of 220 finish
vs. 280 which I believe require the Moly rings that I originally
ordered.  They are only six dollars more for the set if I'm able to get
a core rebate.   This leads into my second question, would I be able to
receive a core rebate for cylinders that were ordered +30 and are now
needing to be rebored to +40?

Please reply off list if you are recommending a particular vendor.

Stephen Upham