<VV> 1965 Monza interior paint scheme

John McMahon jmac2112 at adelphia.net
Tue Jul 19 08:00:12 EDT 2005

Many thanks to all who chimed in with ideas for a rear defrost.  Now I have
another question, regarding the interior color scheme.  My car is a 1965
Monza coupe, white with red interior (it even says so on the body tag).  But
the interior is not just one color red, at least not as it currently exists.
As I understand it, this is correct, and GM called the two colors "Medium
Red" and "Dark Red."  My dash is painted with Medium Red (flat or satin),
and everything else is Dark Red (maybe 50-6-% gloss).  Is this correct?
Also, I take it that the steering wheel and steering column are supposed to
be dark red, except for the segments of the wheel that are just "hanging
out" there, i.e. not connected directly to the base of the wheel.  Or is it
the other way around?

Thanks,

John McMahon
1965 Monza coupe