<VV> Another ebay scam - NO Corvair

Dave Morris BigD at DaveMorris.com
Wed Jul 20 10:59:51 EDT 2005

Y'all be careful on eBay.

Two weeks ago I went to look at a 1983 Porsche 911 Targa that was going for
under $10k and was in excellent shape.  Test drove it, looked at the
engine, all spotless and beautiful.  I noticed that there was no current
inspection sticker.  Actually no inspection sticker at all.

"Yeah, it's actually NEVER had an inspection sticker".
(Uh oh.  It's a grey market car.)
"You mean in 22 years it has never been inspected?"
"Never needed to.  The original owner never inspected it, and we bought it
from him and never inspected it"
(Hmmm... wonder who the car is registered to!)
"Why?  Won't it pass inspection?"
"We don't know if it will or not.  We still have the original exhaust
system over here in the garage if you want it".
"I''ll buy the car if you get it inspected first."
"We'll throw in the exhaust system but we won't get it inspected for you"
"Why are you selling it?"
"We're moving to Virginia"
(Aha, they can't get it registered in Virginia without an inspection sticker)
"Never mind.  See ya'll later!"

Dave Morris