<VV> Re: Flat Towing, my experience & viewpoint

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Wed Jul 20 18:04:44 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/20/05 1:13:35 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
chsadek at adelphia.net writes:

> and any residual drag of fluid or drag due to needle bearings in
> clutch/input  gear will turn input/clutch gear and the cluster gear.  There
> is no load, so it won't take much to turn larger mainshaft gears and cluster
>
> gear.

Chuck,
I don't think that this is possible. When in neutral, the cluster gear is
meshed with the clutch input gear, which is splined to the input shaft, which is
splined to the clutch disc, which is directly connected to the engine. So
unless the clutch is released, the cluster gear Is PREVENTED from rotating unless
the engine is running.

Regards,
Bob Helt