<VV> starting problem-suggestions?

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicspdi.com
Wed Jul 20 18:10:42 EDT 2005

Right answer although it can just be poor battery cables.  My Spyder
has the original spring loaded cables and the positive cable is
flakey and occasionally acts like yours (1 click) ... if I take
pliers and squeeze the spring section it works again.  I think the
process of corrosion/cleaning takes some metal off the battery
terminal and cable so it gets worse over time.

Since it does this once or twice a year I generally ignore it
(although I am bidding on a new NOS cable on ebay!).

At 02:01 PM 7/20/2005, Harry Yarnell wrote:
>Clean your battery terminals. Does it 'click' every time you turn the
>switch? Then it's the starter solinoid. If it clicks only once, it's battery
>terminals.
>
>Harry Yarnell
>perryman garage and orphanage
>perryman, MD
>hyarnell1 at earthlink.net

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can
leave a message)

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off
when I sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html

NEW Corvair pictures including the Judson setup on our 62 Sedan and
lots of pictures of Cheryl's 62 Monza Wagon (with Kelsey-Hayes wire wheels).

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/corvairs.html