<VV> RE: Differential rebuild

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Thu Jul 21 13:20:50 EDT 2005

>If you are into racing, drags, performance, hot rodding, etc. etc., then YES
>do so. But if this is just a daily driver or show car or (well you get the
>idea), then it's not desirable or preferable.

Bob:

I'm one of the folks suggesting that he do this. I've found that even with daily drivers, this ends up being a fragile piece in the driveline...especially with the
wide, sticky tires that many folks run. (Bought my first Corsa that way!!)

But my question is... why would it NOT be "desirable or preferable"? Other than the expense, what do you see as the downsides?

Bill Elliott