<VV> Rebuild II

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane at it.BAESystems.com
Thu Jul 21 16:05:44 EDT 2005

Hi Stepehn.

Block to jugs:  Steel gaskets cover that.  Jugs to head:  same same or
copper.  Pushrods are on their own (get new vitons)

HV Oil Pump: Unless you got signs of low oil pressure from  Rebuild I,
it's not necessary IMHO.  Once the pump builds pressure, excess is
dumped.  More pressure, more dumping, more wasted power.

Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa CVT
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of Stephen Upham
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 2:32 PM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Rebuild II

Is there a gasket that goes around the perimeter of the heads where it
connects with the block?  I don't remember seeing one on the first
rebuild (I could be wrong as I've slept since then. ggg) Is there a
great enough advantage to the high volume oil pump to justify the $85
dollar difference in price from the stock model?

I know, I know . . . and this guy thinks he can rebuild an engine even
with help! ggg

Stephen Upham

are the property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org