<VV> push start

Rt66Vairs at aol.com Rt66Vairs at aol.com
Thu Jul 21 16:18:04 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/21/2005 11:33:39 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Corvair at fnader.com writes:

I guess  they never considered a hand starter.  My Tatra V8 has one...big hit
at  car shows when they see the Hemi V8 and the starter handle sticking out
through the bumper!

I've started a few Model T's and British cars  with a handle, but I've not
yet attempted the  Tatra.

Bill

Many years ago in a fight of lunacy I bought a Peugoet 403.

Came with a crank handle in the trunk for starting the engine.

Never used until one very cold morning (living in Chicago at the time) I
went out to go to work
and all I got from the starting was a short grunt.

The guy next to me in his brand new Pontiac got the same sorta grunt.

I remembered the crank got it out. Pulled the choke, turned on the ignition
and put the car in neutral. I gave the crank a turn and she fired right up. I
was totally amazed.

The guy in the Pontiac asked which way I was going.

My Corvairs never failed to start in all the years I lived in Chicago. But
whenever a car did I
thought of the Peugeot.

Tim Abney
IECC