<VV> Rebuild II

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Thu Jul 21 17:56:12 EDT 2005

<snip> a gasket that goes around the perimeter of the heads where  it
connects with the block?  I don't remember seeing one on the first
rebuild (I could be wrong as I've slept since then. ggg)
Is there a great  enough advantage to the high volume oil pump to
justify the $85 dollar  difference in price from the stock model?<unsnip>

No. Only the three (six total) head gasket rings.  Here's a list  of the
gaskets to replace: Top cover gaskets (2) Head gaskets (6), Pan  gasket, rear accy
housing gasket, bell housing gasket, exhaust donuts (6), and  probably valve
cover gaskets (2), Rear main seals are fine to reuse as are the  viton seals
(though if you plan to completely remove the tubes from the heads,  take the
inner rings off before you drag them through the heads.)

The only thing a high-volume pump will do for a fresh engine is to make the
oil hotter and absorb some horsepower.
Craig Nicol