<VV> push start

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Fri Jul 22 09:21:40 EDT 2005

It shouldn't take a mile to get a Corvair pushstarted.  Sprinters can run a little faster than the guys running a mile.  You need a bobsled team - that would do it! Of course you'd need a convertible so they could all jump in once they got it going.

mike

OK, so I applied a little engineering formulas and yes, Roger
Bannister(s) will be needed to push start  a powerglide on level ground.
18 mph is 3.333 miles per minute. A 4 minute mile will only get you 15
mph. So,  a downhill slope is needed, or a push car and a tire for
cushioning.

I regretfully say that I will not be able to attend  Portland this year.
It sounds like a great time is planned.

Frank DuVal