<VV> Clutch pivot

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Fri Jul 22 13:37:52 EDT 2005

Several people have pointed out that flat finger clutches and bent finger
clutches had different length pivot balls originally and that this  information
is in the tech guide.  That's fine and I don't dispute  it.  What I said was
based on my personal experience - I've put together  every combination without
regard to the pivot ball and I don't recall any issue,  plus I have never
changed any pivot ball for any reason.  GM lists  only one for all models (in both
my '67 and '73 parts book), though sometimes  they offer replacement parts
that are less specific than the original parts when  the replacement part works
reasonably well. (Witness the '64 rear air  grill)
Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances!
Craig Nicol