<VV> Wagon: Heat exchanger opening cover

DTerry8123 at aol.com DTerry8123 at aol.com
Sat Jul 23 20:27:47 EDT 2005

In a message dated 07/23/2005 7:25:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tsc01 at corvair.de writes:

I want  to remove it, among else to get access to the heater box ...

The 61  shop manual p. 10-67 say to just remove all screws, but the panel
does not  budge. Is it somehow fastened/attached from below to the heater
box? Any  possibility to remove it with the engine  installed?

Thomas,
The panel is probably stuck down with sealer. About 30 years ago, I had a
'61 Lakewood. I removed the panel to replace the starter during a heavy rain
storm. There was a thick white sealer holding the panel down.
I hope that helps.

Dan Terry
1965 Corsa 140 coupe
Corvair Atlanta