<VV> the questions keep comin...paint

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Tue Jul 26 21:03:27 EDT 2005

At 01:13 hours 07/26/2005, Ryan Verthein wrote:
>Yep, and that's NOT what I'm looking for.
>
>I'm looking for the creamer without the coffee...but
>Ermine white seems VERY white, and almost a hint of
>grey?

It almost sounds like you're describing a 1960s Dearborn
color...   Wimbledon White, which found its way onto a lot of
Mustangs in the late '60s.   It's not a cooler off-white like GM
Ermine White, nor is it a cold tone like Appliance White.   It's
almost a cream color, just a little lighter... with a hint of reddish
brown in the shadows if the evening twilight hits it right although
in bright sunlight it's indeed white.   However, in winter when
there's a heap of snow on part of the car, you immediately see how
much whiter the snow is.

You need to take a look at a chip chart or go to a car show and check
out a late '60s Mustang that appears white but isn't quite white
enough to go unnoticed.   And I don't wanna hear any guff about Fords
from you GM diehards...  I like Wimbledon White enough to have
painted my 1966 Plymouth Satellite musclecar that color.

tony..