<VV> 140 fine tuning questions

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Fri Jul 29 12:07:37 EDT 2005

With the engine off, move the carburetor linkage by hand and confirm that
you get a squirt of fuel into EACH carburetor (I'm assuming they are 1966)
when you "floor" it. You may have a failing accelerator pump. After you've
depressed the pedal once before starting, take your foot OFF the pedal
before cranking. That's what the Owner's Manual says to do, and it works
better.
     My favorite ignition system is stock points (coil, wires, plugs, etc.).
I've tried others.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C