<VV> Re:Flaming River Steering box removal

Rick & Janet Norris rickjanet at charter.net
Wed Jun 1 21:10:39 EDT 2005

> YO! Rick......tell us why you sent the box back?
>
> Inquiring minds!

I sent the Flaming River quick steering box back because it had way too much
play on center and the steering effort was really high with stock arms. Also
it leaked lube. I was told this was normal because they packed it so full of
grease and would stop after awhile. The guy also said the radiant engine
heat would cause the lube to leak. This was after I stated it was a stock
Corvair. I reminded him that a Corvair engine is in the rear.
I received a new box with no explanation of any kind. It's sitting on the
shelf for now. I sent a letter along in the return package saying if these
problems cannot be resolved I'd just as soon have my money back.
I guess I was one of the first to try the box and I realize some problems
will arise on new products but unless they rectify them it's unacceptable.
Others who have tried the box may have a different experience and I'd like
to hear them.

Rick Norris