<VV> DSL advise appreciated, not really any Corvair

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Fri Jun 3 11:46:31 EDT 2005

>Sent longer reply to Grant but $85/mo price sounds more like a business
>rate than residential. I have had DSL for about six years now (Orlando was
>one of the first communities to get) with two different providers.

Have had almost no outages once I was able to tune my equipment to the
provider (MTUs and such) but I keep the critical equipment on a UPS and a
Variac locked to 110vac (I find that electronic devices last a lot longer
at slightly lower line voltages, am still using the original modem though
when switched providers I received a spare).

My service is through Bellsouth (http://www.fastaccess.com )  and I get the
middle (Ultra) service: 256k up/1.5 Mb down (ADSL). The price is $45/month
and other than promotions has been the same since the last century. That
also includes 8 e-mailboxes and 10Mb of "personal" (non-commercial) web
space which is enough for a lot of pages.

Padgett