<VV> Defective Delco Batteries -NO Corvair

GYoungwolf at aol.com GYoungwolf at aol.com
Fri Jun 3 16:45:34 EDT 2005

For those with other GM products, this is a warning you might want to
consider. I have just encountered my THIRD factory defective AC Delco side terminal
battery. My first two were in my '95 SS and the third was today in my
daughter's '01 Montana. All three had the positive terminal break loose from the
battery. A contributing factor in both cars was a battery cable that was barely long
enough (GM cost savings project, no doubt) to reach the battery and therefore
putting a strain on the connection. If you have one of these, and don't have
AAA road service, you might want to check before your next trip. The battery
on the Montana was buried under the main fuse box, body support strut and main
wiring harness...not something you want to mess with on the side of the
road....:-). (And it requires a 12 point 1" wrench to hold the terminal body while
removing the terminal post..).  (And, the battery always seems to leak acid for
several days before compeletly breaking). FWIW
Grant