<VV> help with HEI dist

Jim Bannister jimster1 at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 4 14:54:32 EDT 2005

It goes in the idiot lite wire.  If memory serves me, the end of the diode
with the stripe should go towards the alternator.  Use a 5 amp or so diode.
Radio shack has 'em.  If it still is goofy, reverse the diode.  Doing it
blind gives you a 50% chance of being correct.  I had to do the same thing
on my Corsa when I went to the fat alternator.  BTW, what did you have to do
to adapt the HEI?
Jim B.
'66 turbovert

..figured out why the engine won't shut off after installing the 2.8 dist in
Corsa;;the alternator field is backfeeding thru the dash lite--i'm running
the '84 style internal regulator,and i've got the info SOMEplace
here,but...i need to put a diode which way,in which wire?the brown to idiot
lite,or 12ga red that's looped to battery hot?...thanks,Tom