<VV> Weird Heater modification thoughts

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Sun Jun 5 15:36:14 EDT 2005

One issue with putting oil in the exhaust stream is that the oil would  "coke
up" just as it does in a turbo.  Another issue is that while oil  loves to
"soak-up" heat, it doesn't like to "give it up" very well.   Another medium
might work better than oil.

I think I'd go more in the direction of piping the existing hot air into  the
Vintage Air underdash unit and using the vintage air system's dampers  to
"direct the video".  Remember that the whole purpose of the heater core,
coolant, and circulation system is to merely create hot air.  We already  have hot
air, so why change it to hot coolant and the back into hot air?
Craig Nicol