<VV> Cendiv champ autocross report- Rantoul autox

Flat6Vair Flat6Vair at insightbb.com
Mon Jun 6 07:12:45 EDT 2005

Warren must be hiding lots,  was one of his shorter reports.  Watch out
Iowans,  The Marshalltown time trial will see some very nice cars go fast
around that go-kart track.  I can't wait.

meanwhile.....Rob Landers and I showed our Corvairs at Rantoul to a smaller
crowd but plenty of youngters <under 25>  Rob, when he finally  ran the
course correctly around the first slaloom,  ran quite fast, beating me
soundly <index>  RObn was driving that good looking blue 67 Yenko Stinger.
The rain did not miss us,  driving rain <came down hard at a 45 degree
angle> for 10-15 minutes.   My excuses start now <VBG>  I got to drive after
the rain, Rob had the first heat in the dry.  OK after the 1st two runs the
course was dry,  but then they move a gate to move it out of a puddle/bad
concrete spot,  which i promptly missed on my next run, and as I watched
myself miss it,  I of course took my eyes off the next gate which was the
180 turn-around gate....missed it too.  My fourth and final run was clean
and did beat Rob on raw score.....I am running a CP car....final
excuse....Rob had 5 runs and it was his Fifth that was the fastest and
hardest to beat.

This was Robs only chance to warm up before Marshalltown and the Iowa
mini -- and he got hot.....Those in IS-5 should come prepared.  Rob will be
tough to beat,  his stinger is running very good,  and his eyesight is now
much improved.

tim mahler
illinois