<VV> Weird Heater modification thoughts

Cash Case cash.case at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 5 16:51:46 EDT 2005

You've hit the nail on the head-
At some point, oil is going get in to the shroud area. It's just going
to happen. Also, I like to remove the lower shrouds to keep the engine
as cool as possible. In Texas here at the height of summer with a
Corvair a/c unit running, you get a wicked rattle in the combustion
chambers. The first time I ran through a puddle without the lower
shrouds on I was instantly in the middle of a cloud that formed inside
my car and I couldn't see anything.  I was at highway speeds. It was
fun to say the least.
Yes, being able to dehumidify the air would be fantastic.

So, some replies think oil would be good. Others think not. Has anyone
tried using the hot oil as a heating medium? Any real would experience?
-Cash