<VV> oil consuption question

Mike Ioanes mioanes at woh.rr.com
Mon Jun 6 12:51:14 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Headley" <robedinpurple at yahoo.com>
To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2005 7:52 PM
Subject: <VV> oil consuption question

> > also burned 1.5 qts of oil!  What are the main hitters
> on corvair oil economy? > -John Headley
> 64 monza convert
> Royal Oak, MI
John, the vendors sell a pamphlet about Corvair fluid leaks.  It would fit
in a shirt pocket, not big bucks, and was one of my first purchases.
Basically says to clean any area you see oil leaking, drive and pinpoint the
leak.  Oil cooler seals are one place that's not real obvious, but not that
hard to fix.  Top cover gaskets, valve cover gaskets, pan gasket are all
fairly obvious.  Pushrod tube o-rings are a very usual place and not that
hard to do.  Lots of ways to mess up, though and I've found most of them
from experience.  If you decide to do them, I'd be glad to give you  the
list of things NOT to do.
Mike Ioanes