<VV> Fan Belt Off warning buzzer

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Mon Jun 6 16:45:00 EDT 2005

Following some great advice last week on VV, this weekend I went out to Pep Boys and found a backup warning buzzer which I tapped into the warning light to
activate. Works great... would nearly wake the dead!

Now, how to wire it in so that it doesn't sound while starting the car (very annoying). I'd like to make it automatic, so the easy solutions of a momentary switch,
etc... won't easily work. How did the high temp buzzer on turbos work?

The Corvair/VW is a PG, so I'm toying with making up a circuit using the neutral switch...

But before I reinvent the wheel, any  easy solution I'm missing? (No, I really haven't put much thought into the challange and I've not yet checked the tech
guide.)

Thanks!

Bill Elliott