<VV> Looking for a Small Oil Leak

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Mon Jun 6 19:13:01 EDT 2005

One non-obvious place you can get a leak is from the top of the oil-pump
shaft. This shaft passes through the rear extension housing a bit to the
left of the centerline with its end ALMOST flush with the casting. If you
clean this up thoroughly (compressed air) and then fill the depression up
with high-temperature silicone, you might be able to stanch the leak. When I
last had that shaft out, I put it back in with sealer. No leakage.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp -speed with A/C