<VV> bilsteins for corvairs

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Mon Jun 6 22:43:54 EDT 2005

The Bilsteins for the Corvairs had Corvair-specific valing, etc...just like the Konis (as I understand it). Not saying that another application wouldn't work, just
that you can't necessarily generalize. However, being Bilsteins, I would expect a great shock even if the valving wasn't optimal.

We're also picking nits here...one of our most successful Corvair racers seems to think that shocks are one of the least important handling considerations
while others (including me, a "wannabe") think they are one of the most. Given the shocks that most folks are running around on (and what I used for
years) I would think any quality shock would be a significant improvement.

Bill

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 20:36:36 -0600 (MDT), Geoffrey A Johnson wrote:

>At the risk of getting flamed, what about a set of bilstiens from a 57
>Chebbie front?  For the front, and if your not worried about limiting
>distance the back of your early?
>Pick them up at Autobone 90$ each.
>-Geoff Johnson

>On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Bill Elliott wrote:

>> Only real data is someone who has tried all the shocks on the same vehicles.  Since there are VERY few folks that have ever tried a proper Corvair
>> application Bilstein, I would say this is a select crowd. In all honesty, I have only experimented with the front Bilsteins on the same car as the other
>> shocks...would love to find a nice set of rears to complete my set... so my opinion is based on that trial AND the general use of Bilstiens on a wide
variety of