<VV>A Rampside trip

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 6 20:00:29 EDT 2005

Not a piano but an 800 lb. trencher (plus tools and other work stuff), for
my 3 recent jobs, on a 900 miles round trip. From the last one (near from
Puerto Vallarta) it returned so dusty that I decided to take it next morning
to the washing shop (two blocks far from home) and while being there, the
engine failed. Trouble ?... the distributor shaft broke at the drive gear
(at pin place). Walked home, took another distributor, put it in place and
voila !! the Rampy was alive again ! and felt happy it didn´t broke while on
the road.

          BTW, Is it normal to have 230 F temps in transmission/diff. oil at
cruising speeds on 90 F ambient temps. ?

          Daniel Monasterio

<<So, anyone else move a piano in a (nearly) 45 year old Rampside
recently?>>