<VV> Early Shocks and Shroud painting

Daniel Ward draw at anv.net
Tue Jun 7 00:54:07 EDT 2005

For those of you who have been there before, I would like to pick your brain
on a couple of things.  First, I need to put shocks on the back end of my 63
Vert, the fronts to follow later.  I have been told by several folks which
model and year to ask for at my local Car Quest store (like an 83 Impala
front HD), but nothing seems to come close enough to even file a little.
They carry Gabriel Gas HD, so does someone know of a model and year that
will match what the store will have listed in their book?  So you know - As
much as I have purchased from one of the vendors lately, I can't afford any
more shipping charges from across the county!

Now to engine shrouds!  I'm having many parts dipped or cleaned and/or
beaded at a local machine shop and will need to paint them at home.  If I'm
down to metal, which many pieces will be because of rust, I will be using a
self etching primer, then an automotive paint primer, then a high
performance enamel paint.  If the paint is still on the metal I will be
using light coat of primer then an enamel paint.  Tell me what you would do
or have done, I'm going by what I know and may not know of a better way.
Powder coating is out this time around.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide and I enjoy reading about
what others are doing and going through and how many of you help out while
bantering back and forth.  I hope VV stay just the way it is.

Dan Ward, Las Vegas, NV

63 Vert (Going back together)

62 vert daily driver (it wants attention now)

61 coupe (sittin' in the side yard)