<VV> 3 tree

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 7 02:54:31 EDT 2005

I had a couple of cars with three on the tree.  My very first NEW car was a
'65 Tempest.  VERY basic car.  AM radio was about the only option, but I
LOVED it and had it several years.  If I recall correctly, I bought it NEW
for $2,125.

Later, I had a (used) Maverick with a 3 speed column shifter.  The damn
thing would hang between gears sometimes.  Had to get out, pop the hood, and
move the linkage on the firewall.  I got tired of having people honk at me
and bought some sort of "quick" shift floor shifter (heavy spring loaded so
that the move from first to second gave the illusion of a straight line)
from Washawsky (later J. C. Whitney), cut a hole in the floor and installed
that in a couple of hours.  No more honks at lights after that.  The column
shift stuff was just left hanging in place as I recall.  Well, at least the
stuff on the engine side of the fire wall.

Later, JR