<VV> Re: tracking with cell phones

Joe West joew at diveaz.com
Tue Jun 7 18:24:22 EDT 2005

Whenever you turn on your cell phone, it sends out a signal that says "here
I am and my ID is XXXXXXXXX"  A nearby cell site picks up the signal and
says "Oh... there you are XXXXXXXX, I'll notify your carrier that you are
here and have them route your calls here and I'll route them to you"
(Simplified beyond belief...but it gives you a flavor)

If you use a cell phone, you leave an electronic trail behind which makes it
easy to track you with a margin of error equal to the distance to the cell
site you are linked to.

Joe