<VV> Re: tracking with cell phones

Ken Wildman k-wildman at onu.edu
Tue Jun 7 18:09:56 EDT 2005

At 03:13 PM 6/7/2005, J R Read_HML wrote:
>Ah... But that take satellites and (probably) more than one
>simultaneously.  Do you think the gov is going to have 2 or 3 satellites
>tracking every citizen?  I think not.

The point is not that the government would track everyone, but the
liklihood that they would track anyone who fell into one of their list of
suspects -- several congressmen have had problems travelling by air because
names SIMILAR to their's were on some list.

And, cell phones certainly are capable of tracking your whereabouts.  I'm
on Verizon national calling plan.  Calls to me always find me no matter
where I happen to be travelling.....

Ken