<VV> Fwd: Need help with electrical problem...

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 8 01:29:39 EDT 2005

What is in the car that stays ON?  Clock, digital radio, CD changer in the
trunk, other - something that draws current in order to keep its memory?
While in the trunk, unplug the horn relay and see if the problem goes away.
The cigarette lighter is pushed in partially?  One of the door switches for
interior light is acting up?  IGN switch being left in the Acc position
(maybe he had an EM before)?  Have you viewed the car at night to be
positive that no lights are showing as even partially on?  Have you checked
the heater hose on the left side to be sure it is not making contact at the
starter solenoid?  THAT one can burn the car down.

Apparently there is a drain somewhere and it does not have to be a real
strong one to kill the battery after two days.  Possibly the (new) battery
is NFG?  Take it to your FLAPS and test it!

Until the problem is sorted out (and maybe even after) get one of those
battery terminal switches at the local FLAPS.  These allow you to (in
effect) disconnect the battery without having to actually pull the cable off
of the terminal.  They are probably $10 or less.

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140 (times 2)
'66 beater Coupe - icemobile 4/140 (1/2 ownership)