<VV> Help for Vapor Lock

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Wed Jun 8 02:20:03 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/7/05 6:12:11 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
GFrenzie at aol.com writes:

> Lately, I have been having a
> vapor lock after I have driven the vehicle a few miles and shut it off. When
> go to start it, won't start until after it has been setting for about 1/2
> hour or so.

Hi George,
Have you considered that you probably don't really have vapor lock? You have
a hot start problem.
Vapor lock is a condition where after a really hot run, you let the car sit
for, say, 20 minutes; and then, IT STARTS JUST FINE BUT QUITS AFTER IT BURNS
THE GAS IN THE CARB BOWLS (gets you down the road a couple of blocks) and won't
restart until it cools and the starter grinds away for a while while refilling
the carbs.

Is that your condition? If not, you may just have a carb or pump problem.
When it won't start, see if the accel pumps will squirt gas. If they will, it's
not vapor lock.
Good luck.

Regards,
Bob Helt