<VV> 3 on the tree

Ewell Mills emills5 at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jun 8 06:11:17 EDT 2005

        Way back when, when I was in my early twenties, I did the following, to be cool I suppose.  I had a 1952 Chevy coupe that I rotated the shift lever from the right side of the steering wheel to the left side.  This was relatively easy to do, but did have a tendency to keep slipping loose down at the linkage near the steering box.  Did make for an interesting shift pattern. (think about it).  Worked O.K. until you had had a few beers, but kept the right arm free to put where-ever (look mom....no hands on the wheel). Picked up a girl at Virginia beach one afternoon (I was in the Navy) and we went into Norfolk to do some bowling and drinking.  I had a few to many, and the young lady decided she was going to drive back to Virginia Beach.  I explained that there was no way she could shift this car.  She insisted that she had been watching me do it and could do it.  I figured that she would strip a gear or two for sure, but by golly, she never even ground a gear once. Never under estimate a woman.

Cecil Mills
Cocoa, Fl.