<VV> Exhaust manifold question

Norman C. Witte ncwitte at wittelaw.com
Wed Jun 8 17:12:45 EDT 2005

This is one of those basic shop skills questions.  The exhaust manifolds
from my '65 turbo look to be in pretty good shape, but on one of them the
studs to which the exhaust pipe flange bolts are frozen and it looks like
rust has thinned them.  I think there's a pretty good chance that if I
torque on these puppies they will break off.  Any suggestions on what to do
here?  I have been soaking them with PB Blaster off and on for the last
week, but I am skeptical of doing anything except breaking them.

Norm Witte