<VV> ARCO ATM CARD FEE (NO CORVAIR)

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Thu Jun 9 13:26:51 EDT 2005

Hi Rod,

I am not sure where you are but here in SoCal, ARCO has always charged a
service charge when you use an ATM.  At least, that is the case since I moved here
about 7 years ago.  I think they raised it from 25 cents a few years ago.
ARCO is the low priced gas supplier and is usually less expensive than the
off-brand stations.  I think that the 35 cents charge is a pretty reasonable
reflection of their actual cost to process your charge.  The cash alternative or the
use of an ARCO charge card is still without the service charge.

If you are filling your 2 gallon container for your lawnmower, the 35 cents
adds significantly to the per gallon cost but if you are filling a 30+ gallon
tank like I have on my Bronco, the 10+ cents that you save per gallon makes it
well worth it.  Even the 5 gallon tank on my Harley still nets me a savings on
a fill up.  Of course, I always fill my lawnmower container at the same time
as I fill the Bronco.

Just my perspective.

Doc
In a message dated 6/9/2005 5:34:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,