<VV>Larger 90 deg. oil filters

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Thu Jun 9 18:22:25 EDT 2005

At 06:56 hours 06/08/2005, CorvairEd at aol.com wrote:
>Tony,
>You use the standard Corvair 90 degree adapter plus the spin-on filter
>adapter.  This lets you use the PF-2 filter that is used on some big
>engine Fords
>and the Chrysler 440 type engines.

Oh...  THAT adaptor.  OK...  I got some sort of backwoods notion that
another adaptor to mount a different filter was being discussed.    I'm
familiar with the PF2, fits 440s and 383s and... a 426.   Bought a fair
quantity of 'em in my day.   Still have one or two.   They are not small...

I somehow was thinking that another adaptor had been cooked up for a
smaller more modern filter.  PF2s aren't all that common anymore.   Still,
they're easier to get than Vair filters.

>It adds a pint of oil to tne engines oil
>capability and more that doubles the filter area and thus the
>effectiveness of
>the filter.

Big filters also flow more freely and help oil pressure.

>The spin-on adapter is available from Lon and Clark's.  If there's
>anything else you want to know about this spin-on adapter just ask.  I know
>because I make them.

Noted.    Now I feel silly for going off on a tangent involving
vaporware.   Happens to me all the time...

tony..