<VV> Re: surplus parts

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sat Jun 11 00:08:58 EDT 2005

>I've heard that THREE OPEN BOXCAR Loads of Completed Corvair Engines were

When I was at GMI there was a junkyard near the Schwartz Creek Parts Depot
that used to have the most incredible piles of destroyed (and sometimes
not-so-destroyed stuff). Have heard of something similar near the Mesa
proving grounds. Did pay $25 for a complete set of reject ZL-1 fender
flairs that fit my '63 split window very nicely.

Also used to be able to buy 15x8 steel Corvette wheels in black for $15
each - would buy them in Detroit and bring them back to friends in
Anderson. Used to be on a lot of interesting cars.

Suspect the land fill bit came from the fact that there are a lot of Hurst
wheels and shifters under the runway at the base near Furlong PA (just
north of Philly).

Padgett