<VV> A request for your help when using the virtual vairs archive.

Joe West joew at diveaz.com
Sun Jun 12 10:40:27 EDT 2005

Hi,

If you are using the virtual vair archive (located at
http://www.virtualcorvairclub.com) ... I have a favor to ask:

When (or if) you find a post that addresses the issue or question that you
have, PLEASE take some time and rate the post.

Here are the simple steps to rate a post:

When you are reading a particular post, you will see in the upper right hand
side of the screen a link called "Rate Thread"  The link is on the light
blue bar near the top of the screen.

Simply click on the "Rate Thread" link and a menu will drop down.  The menu
item are:

Excellent
Good
Average
Bad
Terrible

Here's how I'd like you to use the ratings:

Excellent:  This post was EXACTLY what I needed and it answered my question
completely and was extremely well written and organized.

Good:  This post answered my question completely, but was somewhat difficult
to read.

Average:  This post answered most of my question, but not all.

Bad:  This post provided very little useful information.

Terrible:  This post answered NOTHING and was a complete waste of time to
look at.

The reason that this rating system is important is because I'm programming
the search engine to bring up the highest rated posts on the topic you are
searching on FIRST.  This means that the absolute best posts will come up
first... allowing members not to waste their time on off-topic or
non-informational posts.

Over time, and with enough people participating in rating posts, searches
will become more and more useful.

Please... take 10 seconds to rate posts when you read them after an archive
search.  Over the long run; you will be helping everyone who uses this site.

Thanks,

Joe West
Administrator
http://www.virtualcorvairclub.com